1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 7.8
- ATTENTION: Low attack complexity
- Vendor: Cambium
- Equipment: ePMP Force 300-25
- Vulnerability: Code Injection
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could allow an attacker to perform remote code execution on the affected product.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of Cambium ePMP Force 300-25 radio are affected:
- ePMP Force 300-25: version 220.127.116.11
3.2 Vulnerability Overview
Cambium ePMP Force 300-25 version 18.104.22.168 is vulnerable to a code injection vulnerability that could allow an attacker to perform remote code execution and gain root privileges.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Communications
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: United States
Madalin Zabava reported this vulnerability to CISA.
Cambium has not responded to requests to work with CISA to mitigate this vulnerability. Users of affected versions of ePMP Force 300-25 are invited to contact Cambium customer support for additional information.
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to minimize the risk of exploitation of this vulnerability, such as:
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, ensuring they are not accessible from the internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls and isolating them from business networks.
- When remote access is required, use more secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), recognizing VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also recognize VPN is only as secure as the connected devices.
- Exercise principles of least privilege.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on cisa.gov/ics. Several CISA products detailing cyber defense best practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
CISA encourages organizations to implement recommended cybersecurity strategies for proactive defense of ICS assets.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics in the technical information paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B–Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing suspected malicious activity should follow established internal procedures and report findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploitation specifically targeting this vulnerability has been reported to CISA at this time. This vulnerability is not exploitable remotely.
5. UPDATE HISTORY
- December 14, 2023: Initial Publication